This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.1917 / 50°11'29"N
Longitude: -5.5678 / 5°34'4"W
OS Eastings: 145439
OS Northings: 38497
OS Grid: SW454384
Mapcode National: GBR DXM5.JF4
Mapcode Global: VH053.FFVX
Entry Name: The Tinners Arms
Listing Date: 9 February 1988
Last Amended: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1137980
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70659
Location: Zennor, Cornwall, TR26
Civil Parish: Zennor
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Zennor
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 43 NE
4/339 The Tinners Arms
Public house. Probably circa early C18 extended in the C19 and C20. Granite rubble
with granite moorstone dressings. Grouted or slurried scantle slate roofs. Dressed
granite stacks over the original gable ends.
Plan: 2 room plan house (now 1 room) with larger hall/kitchen, right, and parlour
over lower ground, left. Possibly there was an unheated middle room for there is a
small blocked window right of the doorway. In the C19 extended on the left and at
right angles to the front, left.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Originally a slightly irregular 2 or 3 window front but left-
hand bay obscured by C19 addition. Doorway left of middle. Window openings are C19
altered or added except for blocked opening right of doorway. C20 door and windows.
Interior: large fireplace, right and small fireplace, left.
D. H. Lawrence stayed at the Tinner's Arms in 1916 with his wife Frieda, while
looking for a cottage to rent. They eventually found Higher Tregerthen (Rananim
Listing NGR: SW4543838502
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings