This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1568 / 53°9'24"N
Longitude: -2.8804 / 2°52'49"W
OS Eastings: 341226
OS Northings: 362542
OS Grid: SJ412625
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.52TZ
Mapcode Global: WH88F.QXLB
Entry Name: Post Office with Postmaster's House and Attached House to Right
Listing Date: 2 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1138409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55298
Location: Eaton and Eccleston, Cheshire West and Chester, CH4
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Eaton and Eccleston
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Eccleston St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 4162 ECCLESTON C.P. CHURCH ROAD
7/102 Post Office with
Postmaster's House and
attached house to right
Two houses incorporating sub postoffice, 1890's, by Douglas and
Fordham for the 1st Duke of Westminster. Brown brick with slightly
projecting stone dressings: the brickwork was originally rendered
white. Westmorland green slate roofs. 2 storeys, 7 windows; 2
half-octagon 2-storey hipped bays, central, stone coped front gable,
right. 4 shaped brick chimneys. Flat-roofed open porch on carved
consoles, left; gabled half-timbered porch on shaped brackets, right;
sandstone doorsteps. Queen Anne timber casements of 3 lights with
leaded glazing stand proud of wall face on shaped wooden brackets.
Shaped framed and boarded doors, part glazed with 4 small panes. The
simple back suggests an older building reworked by Douglas and
Interior: Not inspected.
A good composition of the Vernacular Revival.
Listing NGR: SJ4122662542
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings