This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3618 / 53°21'42"N
Longitude: -2.6062 / 2°36'22"W
OS Eastings: 359753
OS Northings: 385166
OS Grid: SJ597851
Mapcode National: GBR BY7K.KL
Mapcode Global: WH98Q.YR3M
Entry Name: 131 and 133, Chester Road
Listing Date: 23 December 1983
Last Amended: 31 January 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139353
English Heritage Legacy ID: 58994
Location: Walton, Warrington, WA4
Civil Parish: Walton
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Walton St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
In the entry for
2/55 WALTON C.P. CHESTER ROAD
(South East Side)
Nos 131 and 13
The following grade shall be added:
SJ 58 NE WALTON C.P. CHESTER ROAD (South East
2/55 Nos. 131 and 133
Handed pair of cottages, 1912, probably by Wright and Hamlyn of
Warrington, for Sir Gilbert Greenall. Brown brick (cavity walls) with
roofs of graded stone slates; massive chimneys of brick with deep
projecting caps. Sandstone dressings; plinth with weathered sandstone
cap, chamfered window surrounds and mullions, shaped cills and moulded
door surrounds. Of 2 storeys, each cottage has 2 bays with 1 window
to the front. The end gables are plain; a pair of shaped
sandstone-coped gables to the front; exposed rafters at eaves. The
windows have leaded glazing; the half-glazed framed and boarded doors
have 6 panes.
Designed as a group with No.135 Chester Road and Nos.l,3 and 5 Walton
Lea Road, all of which q.v.
A well-detailed Vernacular Revival building.
Listing NGR: SJ5975385166
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings