This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.5594 / 54°33'33"N
Longitude: -1.15 / 1°8'59"W
OS Eastings: 455066
OS Northings: 518567
OS Grid: NZ550185
Mapcode National: GBR NHDQ.TC
Mapcode Global: WHD71.9NML
Entry Name: Blacksmith's Workshop North of Number 45
Listing Date: 16 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139656
English Heritage Legacy ID: 60251
Location: Redcar and Cleveland, TS6
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Electoral Ward/Division: Teesville
Built-Up Area: Middlesbrough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Eston Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: York
ESTON HIGH STREET, north side.
NZ 51 NE
7/7 Blacksmith's workshop,
16.6.86 north of No. 45.
Wrongly shown on O.S. map as north of No. 2. Blacksmith's workshop, mid
C18 with c.1800 left stable extension. Coursed sandstone rubble. Dressed
sandstone extension. Clay pantile roof with stone ridge copings. Renewed
brick ridge stack and stack at south-east angle. Single storey, 4 bays to
west face. Horizontal sashes,with glazing bars and external boarded
shutters, alternate with boarded stable doors, that at right end in reduced
cart opening. Interior: forge in right-hand part, has 2 brick hearths with
stepped brick flues; hearth in south-east corner retains bellows. Timber
and iron sheds adjoining rear and ends, are not of special interest.
Property on site occupied by Snowdon family since C15 or C16. Dilapidated
at time of resurvey.
Listing NGR: NZ5506618567
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings