This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.5231 / 54°31'23"N
Longitude: -1.0787 / 1°4'43"W
OS Eastings: 459730
OS Northings: 514593
OS Grid: NZ597145
Mapcode National: GBR NJX4.8C
Mapcode Global: WHF8D.DKKV
Entry Name: The Lodge, 220 Metres to North West of Hutton Hall
Listing Date: 25 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1139781
English Heritage Legacy ID: 59964
Location: Guisborough, Redcar and Cleveland, TS14
County: Redcar and Cleveland
Civil Parish: Guisborough
Built-Up Area: Guisborough
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Guisborough St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: York
NZ51SE GUISBOROUGH HUTTON LOWCROSS
4/98 The Lodge, 220m
to N.W. of
House C.1866. Contemporary with and of matching materials and
style to Hutton Hall. Gabled roof with bracketed verges. Split-
level (raised to S.). 1 ½ storeys. Asymmetrical. W.
elevation: off-centre forward-projecting gabled porch with
bracketed projecting gabled canopy supported on turned timber
columns on dwarf-wall. Staircase turret (linking the split
levels) is incorporated on S. side of porch. One mullioned
leaded-light casement window to each side of the porch. S.
elevation: canted oriel window with mullioned leaded-light
casements and steeply pitched slated roof. N. elevation: deep
verge over jettied attic above first floor oriel window with
leaded-light casements. Slated canopy on timber brackets above 2
ground floor leaded-light casement windows.
Included partly for group value, as part of an architectural
entity with Hutton Hall.
Listing NGR: NZ5973014593
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings