History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hall Barton Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Pelynt, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.3688 / 50°22'7"N

Longitude: -4.5258 / 4°31'32"W

OS Eastings: 220471

OS Northings: 55152

OS Grid: SX204551

Mapcode National: GBR NC.V19K

Mapcode Global: FRA 18D2.BLV

Entry Name: Hall Barton Farmhouse

Listing Date: 26 March 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1140697

English Heritage Legacy ID: 61653

Location: Pelynt, Cornwall, PL13

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Pelynt

Built-Up Area: Pelynt

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Pelynt

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Pelynt

Listing Text

PELYNT PELYNT
SX 25 NW
2/189 Hall Barton Farmhouse
-
II

Farmhouse. Possibly with C18 origins extended and remodelled in mid C19. Stone
rubble with some reused dressed granite from earlier house. Stone rubble plinth on
front elevation. Front elevation slate-hung above base. Cement-washed scantle slate
roof with gable ends. At least 2 early crested ridge tiles. Projecting stone rubble
chimney stacks on gable ends with further projecting stone rubble kitchen chimney
stack on rear slope of lower left-hand gable end.
Double depth plan with principal room on either side of central entrance hall.
2 storeys, symmetrical 3-window front. Ground floor with 2 tripartite sash windows
flanking C20 central glazed porch on brick base and with hipped slate roof. C19
panelled inner door with panelled reveals within. First floor with 2 tripartite
sashes flanking central 16-pane sash. Rear elevation asymmetrical with C19 2-light
casements beneath brick segmental arches. Rear entrance in outshut projecting from
lower kitchen end. Much dressed granite from earlier manor house, known as La Halle,
in surrounding outbuildings and in yard.
Manor and advowson of Pelynt given to the monastic house of Newenham in 1247. As
Dissolution threatened, La Halle was granted by the monks to William Achym.
Grigson, G Freedom of the Parish 1954 rp 1982.


Listing NGR: SX2047155152

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.