History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lemon Hall and Attached Walls and Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Hugh town, Isles of Scilly

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 49.9149 / 49°54'53"N

Longitude: -6.3128 / 6°18'46"W

OS Eastings: 90504

OS Northings: 10553

OS Grid: SV905105

Mapcode National: GBR BXSX.C6N

Mapcode Global: VGYC4.JDJL

Entry Name: Lemon Hall and Attached Walls and Railings

Listing Date: 6 April 1959

Last Amended: 14 December 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1141215

English Heritage Legacy ID: 62489

Location: St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly, TR21

County: Isles of Scilly

Civil Parish: St. Mary's

Built-Up Area: Hugh town

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Isles of Scilly

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Hugh Town

Listing Text

ST. MARY'S

SV9010 CHURCH STREET, Hugh Town
1358-0/8/48 (North side)
06/04/59 Lemon Hall and attached walls and
railings
(Formerly Listed as:
CHURCH STREET, Hugh Town
(North side)
Lemon Hall with wall and railings)

GV II

House. Circa 1820-30. Colourwashed rendered granite with
parapeted hipped slate roof and rendered end stacks.
Double-depth plan with central stair hall. 2 storeys;
symmetrical 3-window range.First-floor plat band raised over
central door to form cill band of central window; end
pilasters; eaves cornice and parapet with centre block. Doric
pilasters and entablature frame six-fielded-panelled door with
glazing in diamond pattern to overlight. 6/6-pane sashes.
Single-storey rear wings with hipped roofs. Interior: panelled
shutters and panelled doors set in moulded architraves;
enriched plaster cornices; reeded marble fireplaces with
paterae and decorative cast-iron grates. Archway through to
rear stair hall which has fine cantilevered open-well
staircase with fret-cut brackets and wreathed mahogany
handrail. Subsidiary features:granite walls, curved at east,
flank cast-iron railings with palmette heads and 2-leaf
central gate.


Listing NGR: SV9050410553

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.