This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.2116 / 50°12'41"N
Longitude: -5.4795 / 5°28'46"W
OS Eastings: 151846
OS Northings: 40411
OS Grid: SW518404
Mapcode National: GBR DXV3.WC9
Mapcode Global: VH12D.ZY26
Entry Name: The Gew
Listing Date: 22 December 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143300
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69108
Location: St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26
Civil Parish: St. Ives
Built-Up Area: St Ives
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Ives
Church of England Diocese: Truro
1. (South Side)
No 1 (The Gew)
SW 54 SW 1/148
Probably early C18. Uncoursed stone rubble. Second floor and east facade
cement rendered, Three storeys. Three windows, sashes mostly with glazing
bars, in exposed cases, Central fielded panel door in moulded doorcase,
early C19 shop window to left with flat pilasters and cornice. East elevation
five windows overall, some blocked. Moulded eaves. Slurried- slate hipped
roof. Two wings at rear forming E plan. Incorporated into corner but
not in original position is a granite datestone "NRG 1713".
Nos 1 to 5 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: SW5184640411
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings