This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.2126 / 50°12'45"N
Longitude: -5.4799 / 5°28'47"W
OS Eastings: 151822
OS Northings: 40526
OS Grid: SW518405
Mapcode National: GBR DXV3.W4C
Mapcode Global: VH12D.YXVF
Entry Name: Church of St Ia
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143424
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68908
Location: St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26
Civil Parish: St. Ives
Built-Up Area: St Ives
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Ives
Church of England Diocese: Truro
678/1/1 CHURCH OF ST IA
Built from 1410 to 1434 as a Chapel-of-Ease. Comprising, nave, north and south aisles, west tower; an outer south aisle was added circa 1500. The nave is seven bays and the aisles are the same length. Arcades of four-centred-arches, the capitals to the south arcades are carved with grapes and vine-leaves. Wagon roofs with original carved timber. The tower has four stages, buttresses set away from corners and pinnacles projected on corbels. Several C15 carved bench ends, in chancel ate two completed benches. Pulpit made up of bench ends. C15 monument, brass. Font of possibly C14, granite, circular bowl with carved angels at corners.
Listing NGR: SW5183140524
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings