This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.6241 / 50°37'26"N
Longitude: -4.675 / 4°40'30"W
OS Eastings: 210885
OS Northings: 83900
OS Grid: SX108839
Mapcode National: GBR N4.B4YR
Mapcode Global: FRA 173F.6HF
Entry Name: The Old Manse and House Adjoining on East
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143565
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68542
Location: Camelford, Cornwall, PL32
Civil Parish: Camelford
Built-Up Area: Camelford
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanteglos by Camelford
Church of England Diocese: Truro
CAMELFORD VICTORIA ROAD, Camelford
8/98 No. 11 and 13 (The Old Manse and
- house adjoining on east)
Old manse and newer manse of Bible Christian Chapel, now private house. 1851 and
circa later C19.
Stone rubble; manse on left has rusticated granite quoins and slate roof with hipped
end and brick end stacks. Earlier manse on right has a rendered and painted front
and a slate roof with gable ends.
Plan: Earlier manse on right probably of 2 room double depth plan, entrance on right
leading into hall with stair to rear and main reception room on front left. Later
manse; double depth plan with entrance in centre, 2 reception rooms to front and
service rooms to rear.
Exterior: 2 storeys; earlier manse with regular 2 window front, canted bay window on
left and two 8-pane sashes on first floor. To left later manse has a symmetrical 3
window front with 4 pane sashes and late C19/early C20 gabled glazed conservatory.
Interiors not inspected.
Birthplace of Samual Pollard 1864-1915. Plaque on exterior of Bible Christian Sunday
School, qv. records that he was one of 'Cornwall's greatest sons . . Bible Christian
Methodist Minister, Missionary in China 1887-1915, Pioneer missionary among the
Forms part of terrace with Bible Christian Chapel (1841) and schoolroom (1885) to
Shaw, Thomas Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit, 1743-1963, 1963.
Stell, C RCHM unpublished inventory of non-conformist chapels
Listing NGR: SX1088583900
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings