This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6235 / 50°37'24"N
Longitude: -4.6778 / 4°40'40"W
OS Eastings: 210685
OS Northings: 83847
OS Grid: SX106838
Mapcode National: GBR N4.B480
Mapcode Global: FRA 172F.CDC
Entry Name: Borough Boundary Stone to West of No 2 Manor Farm
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157908
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68540
Location: Camelford, Cornwall, PL32
Civil Parish: Camelford
Built-Up Area: Camelford
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lanteglos by Camelford
Church of England Diocese: Truro
CAMELFORD VICTORIA ROAD, Camelford
SX 1083 - 1183
8/95 Borough boundary stone to west of
No. 2 Manor Farm
Borough boundary stone. Circa C18. Granite. Granite monolith, rectangular-on-plan
with rounded top. Inscribed
to mark the bounds of Camelford borough. Qv. boundary stones 30 metres to north east
of sewage works, Camelford; to north of Beech House, Lane End, A39 and to north of 24
Roughtor Road, Tregoodwell.
The Charter of Camelford was created in 1259 and the rotten borough was created in
1552 to bolster the Earl of Northumberland's government. Abolished in 1831.
Information from Mr F. C. Smeeth.
Listing NGR: SX1068583847
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings