This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1507 / 50°9'2"N
Longitude: -5.5048 / 5°30'17"W
OS Eastings: 149726
OS Northings: 33733
OS Grid: SW497337
Mapcode National: GBR DXS8.WVM
Mapcode Global: VH12S.JGQT
Entry Name: Treassowe Manor House
Listing Date: 10 June 1954
Last Amended: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143594
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70380
Location: Ludgvan, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: Ludgvan
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Ludgvan
Church of England Diocese: Truro
LUDGVAN CASTLE ROAD
SW 43 SE
7/28 Treassowe Manor House (formerly
- listed as Treassowe Farmhouse)
Manor house. C17, incorporating earlier reused masonry, remodelled and extended in
circa the early C19. Granite ashlar and granite rubble. Dry Delabole slate roof
with gable ends. Rendered embattled chimney stacks (probably C17) over original
gable ends towards the front.
Plan: slightly irregular overall L-shaped plan, originally 1 room deep with 2 rooms
at the front and with service range (or main range) at right angles behind the
present right-hand front room. In circa the early C19, the front wall was partly
rebuilt as a garden front; at probably the same time the plan was deepened making a
double-depth plan under 1 roof. An axial passage behind the left-hand room leads
from a large entrance porch (classical style with Tudor style doorway) to a central
rear stair hall. Also the circa early C19 rear wing was reduced to or rebuilt as a
single storey probably kitchen. There is a C17 rear entrance doorway to this kitchen
near the inner angle and the room is lit by a C17 window. Formerly probably
adjoining the right hand side of the kitchen and extending nearly parallel is a
ruined circa late C19 range of domestic buildings with 3 large fireplaces and dressed
coursed granite masonry. Some medieval dressed stone fragments survive in the
Exterior: 2 storeys. Symmetrical 4 window south-east garden front: ashlar plinth;
circa early C19 12-pane hornless sashes.
Set back on the left is an ashlar porch with 4 centred arched doorway to the front;
and pilastered corners; and 12-pane hornless sash in the left hand wall. Circa early
C19 sashes also at rear including tall round-headed stair sash.
The left-hand wall of the rear wing has C17 3-light chamfered mullioned window, left
and doorway right with reused medieval moulded pointed arch over circa late C16 or
early C17 broad chamfered jambs with dice stops.
Interior: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SW4972633733
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings