This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.055 / 50°3'18"N
Longitude: -5.6583 / 5°39'29"W
OS Eastings: 138236
OS Northings: 23623
OS Grid: SW382236
Mapcode National: GBR DXDJ.QZK
Mapcode Global: VH05M.WW06
Plus Code: 9C2P384R+2M
Entry Name: Barns and Adjoining Outbuildings at Approximately 50 Metres West of Trewey Farmhouse
Listing Date: 15 December 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1143853
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69806
Location: St. Levan, Cornwall, TR19
Civil Parish: St. Levan
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Levan
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST LEVAN TRETHEWEY
SW 32 SE
7/260 Barns and adjoining outbuildings at
- approximately 50 metres west of
Barns and adjoining outbuildings; front building on the left is converted from former
house. Probably some C18 walls, otherwise circa mid C19 and circa 1870 (date on roof
plaster). Granite rubble with granite dressings. Mostly scantle slate roofs with
gable ends except for half-hipped end of front wing on the right.
Plan: Large U-shaped plan. Former probably C18 house now single-storey on the left
with circa mid-C19 barn with axial threshing floor behind. Principal 1870 range
adjoins rear right-hand side of older barn and returns in front on the right. In
front of this is a single-storey waggon shed.
Exterior: 2-storey barns, single-storey former house in front on the left and
single-storey waggon shed in front on the right. Virtually unaltered elevations.
Principal barn front has 3 ground floor doorways and 2 windows flanking central
doorway. Loading doorway over right-hand doorway, 3 regularly spaced first floor
windows. Older barn front, returning on the left, has 2 doorways (middle and right)
and a loading doorway to threshing floor over; 1 ground floor window (left) and 2
first floor windows above. Many old ledged doors, some original shuttered windows.
Interior has lime-washed walls and original roof structures.
Listing NGR: SW3823623623
Other nearby listed buildings