This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.4409 / 53°26'27"N
Longitude: -0.0507 / 0°3'2"W
OS Eastings: 529575
OS Northings: 395565
OS Grid: TF295955
Mapcode National: GBR XX2N.T7
Mapcode Global: WHHJD.6R3Z
Entry Name: Glebe Farm House
Listing Date: 30 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1147872
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195342
Location: Ludborough, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, DN36
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Ludborough
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Fotherby St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
1048/4/35 STATION ROAD
30-JAN-86 GLEBE FARM HOUSE
Farmhouse. Probably c.1700 with early and later C19 and also C20 alterations. Colourwashed brick with cogged brick eaves. C20 concrete-tile roof and brick ridge and end stacks. 3-unit lobby-entry plan, extended to right, and with added rear wings. 2 storeys. 4-window range at first floor of early C19 unhorned 4/8 sash windows. On ground floor left of centre are a 3-light C20 window in altered opening either side a C19 doorcase with part-glazed door. To centre right is a part-glazed door opening into the lobby, a 2-light C20 window to right and a 2-light casement in the C19 addition on the right end. Left end blank and a first floor casement on the right end. To rear are the two wings, various doors and casements, a C19 canted bay and several early C19 unhorned sash windows.
Boxed bridging beams. The massive stack survives but the fireplaces are blocked. Most ceilings plastered and flat but rafters visible in a rear wing ground floor room. Many early and later C19 plank and panelled doors but one earlier 4-panel one with raised and fielded panels survives. Roof has been partly renewed but a good number of coupled rafters remain with clasped purlins. Straight stairs including a separate one to upper storey of the right end addition. This addition has access to the back door and may have been built to accommodate farmhands.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANCE.
This is a sizeable C18 farmhouse which stands opposite the church and forms a very significant group with it and other surrounding historic buildings. The main structure remains reasonably intact, as well as the ground plan and the massive stack. The survival of many early C19 sashes is a significant architectural feature.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.