This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4073 / 53°24'26"N
Longitude: -1.2343 / 1°14'3"W
OS Eastings: 450996
OS Northings: 390324
OS Grid: SK509903
Mapcode National: GBR MYT1.K9
Mapcode Global: WHDDM.0MH8
Entry Name: Low Farmhouse
Listing Date: 29 March 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1151876
English Heritage Legacy ID: 335978
Location: Laughton-en-le-Morthen, Rotherham, S66
Civil Parish: Laughton-en-le-Morthen
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Laughton-en-le-Morthen and Throapham
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 10/02/2017
SK 59 SW,
Carr Lane (west side),
(Parish formerly listed as: Thurcroft)
Farmhouse of C16 origin, dated 1676, altered C19 and C20. Coursed, squared
limestone, C20 pantile roof. L-shaped plan. Two storeys, two windows to
1st floor, wing to rear right. Large quoins. C20 door flanked on left by
C20 three-light casement beneath concreted dripstone and 2 similar windows on
right. 1st floor: 2-light casement on left in former 3-light double-
chamfered surround with dripstone; similar casement on right in former
2-light surround. Oversailing eaves; roof hipped on right and with end stack
on left. Right return: part-glazed door in stone architrave with another
blocked ashlar door surround on right now a window; two double-chamfered
windows on left have dripstones but no mullions retrain; two double-chamfered
window surrounds to 1st floor. Left return: two intact single-light windows
to ground and 1st floors (the upper windows blind); oval gable light with
keyed surround bearing date 16 / 76.
Interior: rear wing incorporates fragmentary remains of a 2-bay timber-framed
building exposed during renovation work c1977.
Notes in South Yorkshire County Ancient Monuments and Sites Record,
Sheffield, primary index No 1471.
Listing NGR: SK5099690324
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings