This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7989 / 50°47'56"N
Longitude: -1.9827 / 1°58'57"W
OS Eastings: 401312
OS Northings: 99929
OS Grid: SZ013999
Mapcode National: GBR 31M.X45
Mapcode Global: FRA 66QZ.KCH
Entry Name: 2, Lewens Lane
Listing Date: 14 June 1952
Last Amended: 2 February 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1153512
English Heritage Legacy ID: 107112
Location: Wimborne Minster, East Dorset, Dorset, BH21
District: East Dorset
Civil Parish: Wimborne Minster
Built-Up Area: Wimborne Minster
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Wimborne Minster St Cuthberga
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
1013/2/88 LEWENS LANE
14-JUN-52 (East side)
(Formerly listed as:
(formerly listed as
SZ 0199 NW 2/88 14.6.52 Dewlish)
Appears to have been 2 houses. Circa early C19 remodelling of an earlier building. Rendered walls, asbestos slate
roof. Brick stack. Two storeys. Main elevation divided into 2 sections by flat
reeded Tuscan pilasters. Northern section has a flush panel door, and 2 double
hung sash windows with glazing bars on ground floor. Three similar windows on
first floor. Southern section has the present main entrance - a 6 panel flush panel
door with ornamental fanlight, in a classical surround with pediment on brackets
and pilasters. On each side of this door is a later inserted window. Ground
floor also has 2 double hung sash windows with glazing bars. First floor has
2 similar windows.
No.2 is said to incorporate the remains of an earlier cob wall building that extends into the adjoining No.1 to the left.
Listing NGR: SZ0131299929
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings