History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.


A Grade II Listed Building in Standish, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 51.7781 / 51°46'41"N

Longitude: -2.3044 / 2°18'15"W

OS Eastings: 379092

OS Northings: 208867

OS Grid: SO790088

Mapcode National: GBR 0KR.D73

Mapcode Global: VH94Q.0KLS

Entry Name: Quintons

Listing Date: 10 January 1955

Last Amended: 9 December 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1155700

English Heritage Legacy ID: 132503

Location: Standish, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL2

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

Civil Parish: Standish

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Standish St Nicholas

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

SO 70 NE
(north side)
6/244 Quintons (formerly listed
as Pair of cottages formerly Manor Farm or Whitlow House)
Detached house, previously in use as pair of cottages. Left hand
side probably late C16/early C17, refronted probably in 1698 when
right hand side built by or for William and Hannah Lediard,
initials and date around oval window to right hand gable.
Originally timber-framed with pair of crucks on left gable end,
possibly true crucks with base obscured by half-height brick
facing, rear rendered and probably timber-framed, front refaced to
match right hand in coursed and dressed stone. Concrete tile
roof, half hipped to left, very large ashlar ridge stack on later
half with 3 diagonally set square flues with brick caps. Single
range of single storey and attic, 2 large coped gables to front,
with cross gable to right. Right hand side is rear lobby entry
plan. Both gables have 2-light stone mullion and square hoodmould
over 3-light similar with oval light in apex to right; 3-light to
left offset from centre with former chamfered stone doorway to
right, blocked with recessed stonework. Central small single
light probably for newel stair in line with rear entrance and
stack. Rear gable is brick above ground floor and has 2-light on
ground floor. Small C20 lean-to to each end.
(V.C.H., Gloucestershire, Vol X, 1972)

Listing NGR: SO7909208867

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.