This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.1654 / 52°9'55"N
Longitude: -2.2924 / 2°17'32"W
OS Eastings: 380093
OS Northings: 251948
OS Grid: SO800519
Mapcode National: GBR 0F3.96N
Mapcode Global: VH92S.6TYV
Plus Code: 9C4V5P85+52
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 9 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1157592
English Heritage Legacy ID: 153320
Location: Bransford, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR6
Civil Parish: Bransford
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Leigh and Bransford
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
This list entry was subjected to a Minor Amendment on 03/04/2020
The Manor House
(Formerly listed as Old Farmhouse at Gilbert's Farm, CHAPEL LANE (off))
House. Medieval; remodelled and extended C16 and C17, extended and altered late C18/early C19 and altered late C19. Timber-framing and brick with tile roofs. Irregular plan. Two storeys. South front cased in C19 brick. To the right are two gabled bays, the right-hand one lower. They have windows with segmental heads and a door in the left-hand bay under a gabled porch. To the left is a lower range of brick in two builds. It has three windows on the first floor and two on the ground floor, the right-hand one enlarged in the C20. Door between ground-floor windows. Chimney to left and right and at junction between lower range and main house.
At the rear the framing is exposed, the trusses of the two gables of the main house having collars and tie-beams. A parallel wing extends northwards from the lower range and has a similar truss, with vertical struts and with V -struts above the collar.
Interior: the left-hand (west) room of the main house has deeply-chamfered exposed ceiling beams and a C18 cupboard framed by fluted pilasters with triglyphs. Two early staircases, one partly circa 1600, and other interior joinery. Deeply chamfered beams in hall. One pair of crucks visible on first floor. On the first floor the right-hand wing has a curved wind-brace, principal post, and cambered tie-beam exposed.
Listing NGR: SO8009451945
Other nearby listed buildings