This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8454 / 51°50'43"N
Longitude: -0.924 / 0°55'26"W
OS Eastings: 474221
OS Northings: 216855
OS Grid: SP742168
Mapcode National: GBR C12.76Z
Mapcode Global: VHDTW.XWW6
Entry Name: Village Hall
Listing Date: 29 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159192
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42265
Location: Waddesdon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Waddesdon
Built-Up Area: Waddesdon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Waddesdon with Over Winchendon and Fleet Marston
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 71 NW WADDESDON HIGH STREET
4/119 Village Hall
Village Hall. Dated 1897. By W. Taylor and Son of Bierton for
Ferdinand de Rothschild. Red brick, pebble-dashed above moulded first
floor string, half-timbered gable, some stone dressings. Tiled roofs,
brick chimneys with moulded stone neckings and caps. One storey and
attic. Gable to street has 2-light stone mullion windows to ground
floor flanking brick porch with hipped roof. Porch has wide semi-
circular arch of rubbed orange brick, low cast iron scroll gates, and
fine wrought iron lamp bracket above. Upper floor has 2 3-light leaded
windows between 3 concrete cartouches displaying initials FR and
device of crossed arrows. Wrought iron weathervane also initialled FR.
To left is a stone mullion bay window projecting from left side with half-
timbered overhanging gable. Right side has 2 dormer windows, the left
gabled with central arched light, the central one a thermal window.
Roof has wooden louvre with moulded cornice and ogee lead roof.
Listing NGR: SP7422116855
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings