This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.2116 / 50°12'41"N
Longitude: -5.3076 / 5°18'27"W
OS Eastings: 164107
OS Northings: 39860
OS Grid: SW641398
Mapcode National: GBR FX83.X63
Mapcode Global: VH12H.YYF4
Entry Name: Cornish Cross in Flowerbed on East Side of Recreation Ground Approx.75 Metres North of Gateway
Listing Date: 12 September 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159677
English Heritage Legacy ID: 66593
Location: Camborne, Cornwall, TR14
Civil Parish: Camborne
Built-Up Area: Camborne
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Camborne and Tuckinghill
Church of England Diocese: Truro
CAMBORNE CRANE ROAD
SW 63 NW
Cornish cross in flowerbed on
east side of recreation ground
approx.75 metres north of gateway
(presumably one of those formerly
listed as "2 Stone Crosses,
Head and part of shaft of Cornish cross. Medieval. Roughly-hewn granite.
Rectangular section. Approx. ¾ metre high, with slightly bulbous round-
headed top (minimal wheelhead), raised Latin cross on west face and raised
greek cross on east face. Now set in a square granite base, beside which
is a sparately- mounted bronze plaque lettered: "THE OLD CAMBORNE
CROSS/ PRESENTED TO THIS TOWN/ BY W.D.TYACK, ESQ. WAS/
REMOVED FROM TREVU ON/ THE 22nd OCTOBER, 1935". The item is one
of two crosses formerly in the grounds of Trevu House; the other is now
in the forecourt to Camborne Methodist Church, Chapel Street (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SW6410739860
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings