This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1826 / 50°10'57"N
Longitude: -5.417 / 5°25'1"W
OS Eastings: 156155
OS Northings: 36985
OS Grid: SW561369
Mapcode National: GBR FX06.7J2
Mapcode Global: VH12N.2N3W
Entry Name: Netherliegh
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160441
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70262
Location: Hayle, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: Hayle
Built-Up Area: Hayle
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Hayle
Church of England Diocese: Truro
HAYLE ST GEORGES ROAD, Hayle
SW 53 NE
4/155 No 14 and 16 (Netherleigh)
House. Circa 1850. Stuccoed walls. Hipped grouted scantle slate roof with
projecting eaves. Rendered brick chimneys over sides walls.
Plan: Double depth plan with 2 equal sized reception rooms at the garden front;
entrance hall behind right-hand room leading to stair hall; another reception room or
former study behind the entrance hall and probably kitchen at rear left. Extended
C20 at rear and at left-hand side.
Exterior: 2-storeys. Plinth rusticated stucco quoin strips clasping the corners and
moulded cornices under wide eaves soffits. Symmetrical 3 window north garden front
with central half-domed niche with moulded architrave. Ground floor window openings
at left and right have flanking pilasters carrying hoods on consoles. First floor
openings have moulded architraves. Original 12-pane hornless sashes (also to
entrance front). 3 window west entrance front has doorway, right of middle and
window over; window right of doorway with window over and another window at first
floor left. Original 4-panel door and overlight with marginal panes. In front of
the doorway is a probably slightly later C19 conservatory with marginal panes to
fixed lights (4 at the front, 2 at the right-hand side) and consoles over pilaster
mullions supporting an eaves cornice surmounted by cast-iron cresting. The door
(left-hand side) has coloured marginal panes and similarly detailed opening
Interior: Has most of its original architectural detail including stairs, panelled
doors, window shutters and plaster ceiling cornices.
Listing NGR: SW5619237040
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings