This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1765 / 50°10'35"N
Longitude: -5.0551 / 5°3'18"W
OS Eastings: 181963
OS Northings: 35189
OS Grid: SW819351
Mapcode National: GBR ZG.2TL0
Mapcode Global: FRA 089K.8FW
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160517
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63523
Location: Mylor, Cornwall, TR11
Civil Parish: Mylor
Built-Up Area: Mylor Bridge
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Mylor
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 83 NW MYLOR MYLOR CHURCHTOWN
4/245 The Vicarage
Vicarage. 1823. Stuccoed rubble walls and hipped scantle slate roof over garden
front and paired parallel hipped ended roofs behind and brick axial chimney over rear wall adjoining left-hand wing. Cast iron ogee gutters. Double depth plan with 3 reception rooms to garden front, axial passage reception behind right-hand room leading from side entrance to central stair hall behind middle room, service room behind left-hand room and further reception room or study behind passage. Extended circa early-mid C19 with 2-storey wing at lower level to rear. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 3-window south garden front with original 16-pane hornless
sashes with much crown glass. East entrance front has side wall of main front and integral wing under 1 roof; and later service wing adjoining on right with roof at lower level hipped on right. Original part has original windows, doorway and porch except for small window to right of doorway. Doric porch with unfluted columns and wide cornice to entablature, pilaster antae behind columns, 6-panelled door and oval and segmental glazing to overlight. Round-headed window with intersecting glazing bars over doorway and ground and first floor 16-pane hornless sashes on right.
Service wing has doorway, left, with 6-panel door and large slate roofed wooden hood with arch braced gable with circular brace over collar, all carried on corbelled brackets. Windows to first floor only of 16-pane 2-light casement towards left and taller 12-pane 2-light casement on right.
Interior said to have much original detail.
Listing NGR: SW8196335188
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings