This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1661 / 50°9'57"N
Longitude: -5.452 / 5°27'7"W
OS Eastings: 153576
OS Northings: 35267
OS Grid: SW535352
Mapcode National: GBR DXX7.PGQ
Mapcode Global: VH12T.G23Z
Entry Name: Moorgrove, Including Adjoining Former Coach House and Stable
Listing Date: 14 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160764
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70310
Location: St. Erth, Cornwall, TR27
Civil Parish: St. Erth
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Erth
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST ERTH CANONSTOWN
SW 53 NW
3/219 Moorgrove, including adjoining
- former coach house and stables
Former dower house to the St Aubyn estate and adjoining coach house and former
stables. Circa 1850. Stuccoed walls. Hipped scantle slate roof. Brick chimneys
over left-hand side wall and over axial wall between right-hand rooms. Wide eaves
with cast-iron ogee gutters.
Plan: L-shaped plan plus with integral lean-to rear porch in the rear angle with
bowed stair window above and former coach house and stables adjoining at an angle to
the rear left-hand corner. The house has 3 equal-sized reception rooms, 2 at the
front flanking a central hall leading to stair hall and one behind the right-hand
room. There is a cellar under the right-hand side of the house, the rear room of the
cellar is the original kitchen with an unheated room in front. Stone steps lead down
to the kitchen from the rear porch.
Exterior: 2-storeys over basement. Symmetrical 3 window south-east front with
central doorway approached by 2 granite steps with moulded nosings. Plinth.
Original 6-panel door with overlight with intersecting glazing bars. Later C19
Tuscan porch with pediment. The windows to this front and principal openings of
other elevations are original Gothic style sashes with intersecting glazing bars to
Symmetrical 2 window north-east garden front is flanked by fluted pilasters and has a
mid-floor band with anthemion frieze, stair window in rear angle is bowed.
Interior: Has most of its original features including: open-well open-string stair;
panelled doors, architraves and ceiling cornices with trailing bands.
Coach house north north east front has large ground floor doorway and slatehanging
above with 2 original 12-pane sashes. Former stables on right have small paned
lights with top openings.
Listing NGR: SW5357635267
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings