This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.213 / 50°12'46"N
Longitude: -5.1184 / 5°7'6"W
OS Eastings: 177612
OS Northings: 39434
OS Grid: SW776394
Mapcode National: GBR ZB.1NNC
Mapcode Global: FRA 085G.FSH
Entry Name: Prince Regent House
Listing Date: 12 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161068
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63625
Location: Perranarworthal, Cornwall, TR3
Civil Parish: Perranarworthal
Built-Up Area: Perranwell
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Stithians
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 73 NE PERRANARWORTHAL PERRANWELL STATION
3/359 Prince Regent House
House. Circa mid-late C18. Painted rubble with some cob at rear. Dressed stone
sills, keyed arches and first floor sill string. Asbestos slate roof, hipped on
right, originally hipped on left but now party wall of later house with hip to left.
2 painted brick chimneys over each side wall. Cast iron ogee gutters.
Double depth plan with 2 equal reception rooms flanking central passage leading 2
central stair between the rear service rooms. Single storey C19 hipped scantle
roofed extension to side wall, right, and C20 extension to rear left.
2 storeys and attic. Symmetrical 3-window roughly west road front. Central round-
headed doorway with circa late C19 panelled door with integral fanlight. Round-
headed sash. Other front windows openings are wide with shallow keyed arches and
bracket moulded projecting keystones. Original C18 hornless tripartite sashes with
16-pane central lights and 4-pane sidelights, thick glazing bars, internally ovolo-
moulded. Centre light of first floor left-hand window is replacement 12-pane horned
sash. C18 16-pane 2-light casements survive to first floor rear. Stair window is
blocked. Crown glass.
Interior has most of its C18 carpentry and joinery including dog leg stair, 4-panel
and 2-panel doors, some with original latches, ovolo-moulded beams to right-hand rear
service room and original pine roof with lapped pegged collars and apices. Slate
flags in passage.
Said by present occupier 1985 to have been a coaching inn first recorded in 1704.
An almost complete C18 house and remarkably, with most of its original windows.
Listing NGR: SW7761239434
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings