History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church Farmhouse and Range of Outbuildings with Dovecote Adjoining to East

A Grade II Listed Building in Etton, City of Peterborough

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6449 / 52°38'41"N

Longitude: -0.3153 / 0°18'55"W

OS Eastings: 514082

OS Northings: 306568

OS Grid: TF140065

Mapcode National: GBR GXH.534

Mapcode Global: WHHN4.4S47

Entry Name: Church Farmhouse and Range of Outbuildings with Dovecote Adjoining to East

Listing Date: 15 December 1955

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1163511

English Heritage Legacy ID: 49998

Location: Etton, Peterborough, PE6

County: City of Peterborough

Civil Parish: Etton

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Etton St Stephen

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Northborough

Listing Text

1.
5141 ETTON MAIN ROAD
(west side)
No 21
(Church Farmhouse)
and range of outbuildings
with dovecote adjoining to
east
TF 1406 29/208 15.12.55
II GV
2.
C16/17 house with C18 alterations. Coursed stone rubble with steeply pitched
roofs with coped gable ends, the west end slated, the east end thatched. The
east end is probably C17 one storey and attic with wing at rear forming L-shaped
plan, it has C19 sashes to south front and casements to rear wing, dormers wedge-shaped
and gabled, 6-panel door. Ashlar end stack with cornice.
To west is C16/17 wing with thatched roof, 2 storeys, 2 window range, of C19
sashes and modern bay windows, ashlar end stacks with cornices. Lean-to at
rear with 3 large buttresses.
Interior: west wing has heavily moulded ceiling beams and moulded joists.
The east wing has stop chamfered ceiling beams.
Adjoining part is a long single storey range of outbuildings backing onto churchyard
with corrugated asbestos roof with gabled ends, modern garage door to south
front. At the east end there is a dovecot which is lined with nesting holes
with stone ledges.


Listing NGR: TF1408206568

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.