This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8899 / 53°53'23"N
Longitude: -2.4141 / 2°24'50"W
OS Eastings: 372877
OS Northings: 443828
OS Grid: SD728438
Mapcode National: GBR CRLG.49
Mapcode Global: WH969.WHL8
Entry Name: Tomb of Robert Parker in St Helen's Churchyard, Approximately 1 Metre East of Chancel
Listing Date: 20 February 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163690
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183303
Location: Waddington, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Waddington
Built-Up Area: Waddington
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Waddington St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 09/05/2018
SD 74 SW
Church of St Helen
Tomb of Robert Parker in St. Helen's Churchyard, approximately 1 metre east of chancel
(Formerly listed as Tomb of Robert Parker in St. Helen's Churchyard, approximately 1 metre east of chancel, WADDINGTON)
Chest tomb of Robert Parker, died 21st March 1718. Sandstone. Inscribed slab records that Robert Parker of Marley Hill was the second son of Edward Parker of Browsholme and founded the Widows' Hospital in Waddington. The sides have carved panels, with moulded base and cornice. The west side is badly worn. The east side has flowers with a hand and sickle. The south side has outer panels with carved skulls and crossed bones and a central panel carved with the Parker coat of arms. The north side is similar, except that the central panel bears only a shield.
Listing NGR: SD7287743828
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings