This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1504 / 52°9'1"N
Longitude: 0.3979 / 0°23'52"E
OS Eastings: 564154
OS Northings: 252944
OS Grid: TL641529
Mapcode National: GBR NC2.5DX
Mapcode Global: VHJH2.V66V
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 11 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163776
English Heritage Legacy ID: 51250
Location: Carlton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB8
District: South Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish: Carlton
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Carlton St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Ely
CARLTON CUM WILLINGHAM CHURCH ROAD
TL 65 SW
House, formerly rectory. Part early C16, but mainly early and late C18.
Timber framed red brick rendered. Hipped roofs now covered with modern
tiles. Internal and side stacks. Two ranges forming a T-plan. North range,
early C16 in origin. Framed, rendered with C18 hipped roof. Two bays and
two storeys. Modern fenestration. South range, early c18 red brick rendered
and hipped roof. Two storeys and attic. Two C18 dormers on south side.
Rebuilt parapet. The south east corner retains two stages of a turret when
the house was altered between 1805 and 1813. Doorway in north west wall.
Interior: the early C16 wing has leafed stopped and moulded main beam and a
chamfered main beam to the second bay. On a moated site. Two watercolours
now in the possession of the owner show the house before and after it was
gothicised between 1805 and 1813. Only the south-east turret remains from
Listing NGR: TL6415452944
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings