History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Park Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Elton, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5315 / 52°31'53"N

Longitude: -0.4007 / 0°24'2"W

OS Eastings: 508585

OS Northings: 293825

OS Grid: TL085938

Mapcode National: GBR GYR.7HT

Mapcode Global: VHFNC.0MJQ

Entry Name: Park Lodge

Listing Date: 25 September 1951

Last Amended: 20 March 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1164946

English Heritage Legacy ID: 54858

Location: Elton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE8

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

Civil Parish: Elton

Built-Up Area: Elton

Traditional County: Huntingdonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Elton

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Nassington

Listing Text

In the entry for

ELTON MIDDLE STREET
(south side)
15/50
Nos 19 and 20 (Park
25.9.51 Lodge)

GV
The address shall be amended to read:

TL 0893 ELTON MIDDLE STREET
(south side)
15/50
Nos 19 and 21 (Park
Lodge)
GV

------------------------------------

ELTON MIDDLE STREET
TL 0893
(South Side)
15/50 Nos. 19 and 20 (Park
Lodge)
25.9.51
GV II
House, formerly two cottages, and originally a farmhouse. Late C17 with C19
alterations and C20 rebuilding. Coursed limestone rubble with freestone
dressings. C20 plain tiled roof. Ashlar ridge stack with paired shafts and
moulded cornice; C20 north gable stack and side stack to west. One storey
and attic, original four unit plan with cellar to west and lobby entry to east
now blocked. Three original ovolo mullioned casement windows of one, two and
three lights with moulded cornice and one similar C20 window in blocked
doorway to left hand; doorway to right hand possibly a C19 insertion. Main
entrance in west elevation; chamfered mullioned three light cellar window in
south gable wall and replacement oriel window to north gable wall. Interior:
Mitre-stop-chamfered axial and cross beams, two back to back open hearths with
cambered mantel beams and one with inglenook, early C18 panelled door. The
roof replaces the original thatched roof damaged by fire. The farm buildings
were demolished in 1853 and the material transported to Proby farm; the bay
window was added.c.1869 when the duty of the tenant was to open the park gates
to the driveway to Elton Hall which replaced the farmyard.


Listing NGR: TL0858593825

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.