This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.1694 / 51°10'9"N
Longitude: -1.7767 / 1°46'36"W
OS Eastings: 415709
OS Northings: 141154
OS Grid: SU157411
Mapcode National: GBR 503.MMY
Mapcode Global: VHB5C.5V2W
Plus Code: 9C3W569F+Q8
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 18 December 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182645
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321374
Location: Amesbury, Wiltshire, SP4
Civil Parish: Amesbury
Built-Up Area: Amesbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Amesbury St Mary and St Melor
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
AMESBURY SALISBURY ROAD
11/63 The Red House
Farm house, rebuilt c1700, Flemish bond brickwork with tiled roof.
Two storeys, attics and cellars, 5 bays. Central 3 bays set
forward, with a central entrance over 5 steps, and enclosed in
early C19 wrought iron porch with a swept zinc roof. Margin glazed
door with overlight. Moulded stone string course and brick moulded
plinth. Twelve-paned sash windows with nearly flush boxes, and
gauged brick lintels. Segmental brick arches to cellar windows.
Timber dentilled eaves. Roof hipped, with 2 dormers and external
gable stacks with outstepping heads. To right, a 2 bay rear wing
c1740, separately roofed, with half glazed door and plat band, the
ground floor windows replaced in C20. Lean-to to rear gable end.
Interior has turned newel stair.
Listing NGR: SU1570941154
Other nearby listed buildings