This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7552 / 51°45'18"N
Longitude: -1.257 / 1°15'25"W
OS Eastings: 451381
OS Northings: 206541
OS Grid: SP513065
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.T77
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.54BS
Plus Code: 9C3WQP4V+35
Entry Name: Trinity College, South Range
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183850
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245164
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary Magdalen
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5106 NW 5/139B 12.1.54.
Palladian Chapel with West tower and gateway 1691-4, to designs ascribed
to Dean Aldrich in consultation with Wren; William Townesend and Bartholomew
Peisley, masons. In Headington stone but tower and porch refaced in Bath
stone. Roof restored 1932. Interior carving by Jonathan Maine and Arthur
Frogley, George Smith, carpenter.
Listing NGR: SP5136806535
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings