This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3077 / 52°18'27"N
Longitude: -1.7249 / 1°43'29"W
OS Eastings: 418853
OS Northings: 267770
OS Grid: SP188677
Mapcode National: GBR 4KF.8QH
Mapcode Global: VHBXF.18Z7
Plus Code: 9C4W875G+32
Entry Name: Lock Cottage Approximately 5 Metres North East of Lowsonford Bridge
Listing Date: 30 November 1982
Last Amended: 16 February 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1184559
English Heritage Legacy ID: 308365
Location: Rowington, Warwick, Warwickshire, B95
Civil Parish: Rowington
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Rowington St Laurence
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
ROWINGTON NEW ROAD
SP16NE (North side)
3/101 Lock Cottage approx. 5m NE of
30/11/82 Lowsonford Bridge
(Formerly listed as Lock
Cottage NE of Lowsonford
Lock keeper's cottage. Circa 1816 for the Stratford-on-Avon Canal. Painted
brick; asphalt-covered brick barrel-vault roof with segmental parapeted gable
ends; brick ridge stack to left of centre. Single-storey, 3-window range.
3-light casement to left. 3-light wood mullion and transom window to centre.
2-light casement to right. Left return: plank door to right. C19 metal casement
to centre,,of 2 rows of 5 lights. Interior not inspected. Single-storey outbuilding
extension adjoining to rear with,tiled gable-ended roof. History: one of
six lock-keepers cottages on the Stratford-on-Avon Canal. The Stratford-on-Avon
Canal was started in 1793 and opened in 1816. The roof was built using form-work
similar to that used for canal bridges.
Listing NGR: SP1885367770
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings