This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5985 / 51°35'54"N
Longitude: -1.7344 / 1°44'3"W
OS Eastings: 418495
OS Northings: 188886
OS Grid: SU184888
Mapcode National: GBR YZ7.5N
Mapcode Global: VHB3F.W2GX
Plus Code: 9C3WH7X8+C7
Entry Name: Hunts Copse Farmhouse
Listing Date: 20 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185297
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318521
Location: South Marston, Swindon, SN3
Civil Parish: South Marston
Built-Up Area: Swindon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Stratton St Margaret with South Marston
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
5410 SOUTH MARSTON HIGHWORTH ROAD
SU 18 NE 8/420
About 1700. Gabled front with extensions to left and right. Two and a half
storeys. Rendered rubble. Brick chimneys. Stone tile roof. Originally
2 flanking 2 1/2 storey gables with 2 light mullion windows and central lower
1 1/2 storey gable with door between and 2 light window over. Linked to left
hand block by short piece with 3 light mullion window. Tudor arch doorway.
C18 half hipped wing at right angles to right.
Rear altered: C18 gabled set back wing to left. Main part 2 storeys with
chamfered plinth and string over ground floor. Central 6 flush panel door
(upper 2 glazed) with bracketted stone hood. Three windows, only 2 retaining
3 light mullions, rest modern. To right is 3 storey wing with hipped roof.
Interior, altered. Through passage retained.
Listing NGR: SU1849588886
Other nearby listed buildings