This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2431 / 51°14'35"N
Longitude: -0.032 / 0°1'55"W
OS Eastings: 537461
OS Northings: 151163
OS Grid: TQ374511
Mapcode National: GBR KKC.YJR
Mapcode Global: VHGSD.D0FW
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 11 June 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1189811
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287921
Location: Tandridge, Tandridge, Surrey, RH8
Civil Parish: Tandridge
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Tandridge St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
TQ 35SE TANDRIDGE C.P. TANDRIDGE LANE,
6/265 Church of St. Peter
Church C12, C14 nave and chancel with south aisle of 1844 and north aisle 1874
by Sir G.G. Scott. Rubblestone with stone dressings, plain tiled roof with
square cedar shingled bell turret and broach spire under gilt weathervane.
Nave with aisles, gabled south porch, chancel to east with vestry to north.
2 late C19 leaded gabled 3 height dormers in north and south sides of nave roof.
Diagonal buttressing to nave, 3 gables to west end. Norman window to chancel,
the remainder all C19 restorations. C14 ribbed and studded door to south.
Interior: 3 bay nave arcades on octagonal piers, hood moulds to arches with
scroll steps over north arcade. Chancel arch restored. The beams of nave roof
c1300 with bracing. Massive timbers supporting turret to west with uneven cross
bracing. Chancel roof painted and panelled. Early C20 paintings to chancel
Fittings: C19 iron rood screen with twisted standards and scroll work decoration.
Square stone font with lobed corners on compound marble shafts attached to
chamfered centre stem.
Monuments: 2 brass plates on posts of tower to George and Mary Clere died in
1787 and 1788.
Listing NGR: TQ3746151165
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings