This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9941 / 51°59'38"N
Longitude: -2.1568 / 2°9'24"W
OS Eastings: 389329
OS Northings: 232862
OS Grid: SO893328
Mapcode National: GBR 1JK.TTG
Mapcode Global: VH93T.K4MN
Entry Name: 123, High Street
Listing Date: 4 March 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201266
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376833
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 HIGH STREET
859-1/6/251 (East side)
House in row, with shop. Late C18 front to possible late
medieval fabric remodelled c1600. Flemish bond brickwork,
timber-framing, tile roof. brick stacks.
The parapeted brick frontage covers a very steeply pitched and
lofty roof, hipped to the left. The property covers an
entrance 'court', to the right, with a C16 doorway, which
belongs to the adjoining property (qv Auriol House). 3 storeys
and attic, 2-windowed. 12-pane sashes to V-joint lintels and
thin stone cills. Ground floor has C19 shop front with a
glazed door to the right, under shallow transom-light, all set
to a deep fascia.
Further right the entrance to the court. High coped parapet.
Stack to the left and to rear gable. The back is framed with
brick nogging and some horizontal boarding; there is a lower
lean-to element, also in framing. In the throughway are deep
chamfered beams, and at the back the beam is cut to a camber,
and bears the inscription 'DEV:REG:AMIC'('God, Queen, and
Friends'): this relates to the adjoining Auriol House, but is
part of the fabric of 123.
INTERIOR: ground floor has a braced framed wall to the left, a
compartmental ceiling with chamfered beams and a c1606 stone
fireplace. Upper rooms not inspected.
Listing NGR: SO8932932862
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings