History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Ship Inn

A Grade II Listed Building in Windsor, Windsor and Maidenhead

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.482 / 51°28'55"N

Longitude: -0.6065 / 0°36'23"W

OS Eastings: 496862

OS Northings: 176819

OS Grid: SU968768

Mapcode National: GBR F8L.3GD

Mapcode Global: VHFTG.F0QP

Entry Name: The Ship Inn

Listing Date: 2 October 1975

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1204154

English Heritage Legacy ID: 40414

Location: Windsor and Maidenhead, SL4

County: Windsor and Maidenhead

Electoral Ward/Division: Castle Without

Built-Up Area: Windsor

Traditional County: Berkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire

Church of England Parish: New Windsor

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Windsor

Listing Text

The entry for the following:

1. CHURCH LANE
5130
Nos 5 and 7
SU 9676 NE 3/8A The Ship Inn.
II GV

Shall be amended to read:

1.
5130 CHURCH LANE
No 4
SU 9676 NE 3/8A
II
2
C17 or earlier. Two storeys and attic. Two windows, plastered front. Gable. Modillion
pantile roof. The ground floor has been under-built in brick, now painted, with small
modillion shop windows. Sash windows above. In the west corner of the ground floor are
shed doors surmounted by an inscription 'Engine House 1803' with the names of the
church-wardens.
Nos 3, 4, and 5 Church Lane and the Masonic Hall form a group.


1. CHURCH LANE
5130 No 5 and 7.
SU 9676 NE 3/8A The Ship Inn.

II GV
2.
The Inn is late C18 or early C19. Two storeys, three windows. Stuccoed and rusticated.
Parapet. Mansarded slate roof. Glazing bars intact. First floor windows in round-
headed arcading. Doorway with low segmental headed fanlight.
Nos 3, 4 and 5 Church Lane and the Masonic Hall form a group.
The group notes for No 3 (Castle Grill) and the Masonic Hall, Church Lane should
be amended accordingly.

1. CHURCH LANE

5130
Nos 5 and 7.
The Ship Inn.
SU 9676 NE 3/8A
II GV
2.
The Inn is late C18 or early C19. 2 storeys 3 windows. Stuccoed and rusticated.
Parapet. Mansarded slate roof. Glazing bars intact. First floor windows in
round-headed arcading. Doorway with low segmental headed fanlight The adjoining
building, No 5 is C17 or earlier. 2 storeys and attic. 2 windows plastered
front. Gable. Modillion pantile roof. The ground floor has been underbuilt
in brick, now painted, with small modillion shop windows. Sash windows above.
In the west corner of the ground floor are shed doors surmounted by an inscription
"Engine House 1803" with the names of the church-wardens.
Nos 3 to 7 (odd) and The Masonic Hall form a group.


Listing NGR: SU9686976819

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.