This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9918 / 51°59'30"N
Longitude: -2.1584 / 2°9'30"W
OS Eastings: 389222
OS Northings: 232608
OS Grid: SO892326
Mapcode National: GBR 1JR.14W
Mapcode Global: VH93T.J6TD
Entry Name: Sherford House
Listing Date: 4 March 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1205501
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376673
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 CHURCH STREET
859-1/6/93 (South side)
House in row, with shop. Late C18. Rendered and scribed, tile
roof, brick stack.
3 storeys, 3-windowed. 12-pane sashes to stone cills, wide
plate-glass display window in C19 pilaster surround wuth
fascia under full-width shallow hood. To left is 6-panel
fielded door in pilaster surround on one step, giving to
stone-flagged throughway with entry to shop. Front has plain
bands at first and second-floor levels, and a further band
below blocking course with coped parapet. Stack to left. At
back is very long 2-storey wing fronting the continuation of
the stone throughway.
INTERIOR not generally inspected, but the ground-floor front
room has 2 beams with plastered cornice mouldings.
Listing NGR: SO8922232608
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings