This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.9804 / 51°58'49"N
Longitude: -1.0083 / 1°0'29"W
OS Eastings: 468211
OS Northings: 231786
OS Grid: SP682317
Mapcode National: GBR 9XW.XJY
Mapcode Global: VHDT8.GHV6
Plus Code: 9C3WXXJR+4M
Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings
Listing Date: 13 October 1952
Last Amended: 21 November 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1205840
English Heritage Legacy ID: 377308
Location: Gawcott with Lenborough, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Gawcott with Lenborough
Built-Up Area: Gawcott
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Gawcott
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
GAWCOTT WITH LENBOROUGH
SP6831 MAIN STREET, Gawcott 879-1/8/218 (South side)
13/10/52 Manor Farmhouse and attached outbuildings ~
(Formerly Listed as: BUCKINGHAM
VILLAGE STREET, Gawcott (South side)
Former farmhouse. Dated 1677, C20 alterations. Red brick in English bond on coursed squared limestone plinth, plain-tile roof, brick ridge stack. 3-unit through-passage plan originally.
2-storey, 3-window range. 9-panel door to far left, replacing a window, with overlight and flat-arched brick head. Leaded horizontal oval windows to ground floor and first floors left of centre with some original glass. Painted datestone to ground floor centre just below string course inscribed GS/1677. Cross windows to ground floor right, which flank blocked doorway, all with flat-arched heads. Similar windows to first floor. Moulded brick coping to plinth and moulded brick string course. Cross windows to right side elevations and to rear. Ridge stack has 4 square brick flues, closely set together, which have been reduced in height and now have C20 terracotta chimney pots.
Lower 2-storey outbuilding to left, continued by single-storey outbuilding. The former is of red brick in English bond with plain-tile roof and a 3-light casement window to ground floor near house with wood lintel, the latter is of brick in Flemish bond with some flared headers on coursed rubble plinth and has corrugated iron roof.
INTERIOR: ogee stop-chamfered spine beams. Back-to-back open fireplaces, that to large room to left of centre with slightly cambered stop-chamfered bressumer. Salt cupboard recess to side of chimney breast in present passage. Winder stairs from ground floor to attic. Old stud partitions and old plank doors with wrought-iron hinges. Roof has colla.rs to principal trusses and 2 tiers of purlins.
(North Bucks: RCHME: An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire: London: 1913-: 77 ITEM 31).
Listing NGR: SP6821131786
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings