This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5861 / 52°35'10"N
Longitude: -2.1259 / 2°7'33"W
OS Eastings: 391568
OS Northings: 298709
OS Grid: SO915987
Mapcode National: GBR 1DK.SB
Mapcode Global: WHBFZ.98X7
Plus Code: 9C4VHVPF+FM
Entry Name: Old Still Inn Public House
Listing Date: 3 February 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1206362
English Heritage Legacy ID: 378441
Location: Wolverhampton, WV1
County: City of Wolverhampton
Electoral Ward/Division: St Peter's
Built-Up Area: Wolverhampton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Central Wolverhampton
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SO9198NE KING STREET
895-1/12/245 (North side)
Old Still Inn P.H.
Public House. Late C18, refronted and altered c1880. Stucco
over brick; tile roof and brick stacks. Double-depth plan. 3
storeys; 2-window range. Ground floor has terms supporting
frieze and cornice; frieze and cornice to 1st floor, and top
cornice; flat pilaster to right. Ground floor has windows with
fixed frames with transoms and 3 upper lights, leaded glazing;
1st floor has canted bay windows with small-paned upper
lights; 2nd floor has low segmental-headed windows. Central
entrance has swan-necked pediment, blind fan and paired
3-panel doors; panel above has cartouche with cross and
lettering: OLD STILL/INN and shallow segmental pediment above.
2 cross-axial stacks, one with corbelled-out cap. Rear
similar. INTERIOR retains some c1880 fittings. One of a row of
Georgian houses in King Street, built after 1751.
(Isaac Taylor: A Plan of Wolverhampton: London: 1750-1751).
Listing NGR: SO9156898709
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings