This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5006 / 51°30'2"N
Longitude: -0.1503 / 0°9'1"W
OS Eastings: 528482
OS Northings: 179586
OS Grid: TQ284795
Mapcode National: GBR BJ.F7
Mapcode Global: VHGQZ.BJWZ
Plus Code: 9C3XGR2X+6V
Entry Name: Numbers 6 to 14 (Consecutive) Grosvenor Place, 41 Chapel Street and Mews Arch to Halkin Street
Listing Date: 14 January 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1214250
English Heritage Legacy ID: 209961
Location: Westminster, London, SW1X
Electoral Ward/Division: Knightsbridge and Belgravia
Built-Up Area: City of Westminster
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Paul Knightsbridge
Church of England Diocese: London
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 22/08/2012
TQ 2879 SW
TQ 2879 NE
CITY OF WESTMINSTER
GROSVENOR PLACE SW1
SW1 (west side)
Nos 6 to 14 (consec), mews arch to Halkin Street and 41 Chapel Street
(Formerly listed as Nos 6 to 16 (consec) and mews arch to Halkin Street)
Grand terraced houses. Circa 1868. Thomas Cundy III. Portland stone.
Fishscale slate mansard. "French Renaissance" style. 4 storeys plus attic and
basement. Centre and end houses break forward with individual mansard roofs.
Each house 3 windows wide. Channelling to ground floor. Projecting Corinthian
porches with granite columns. Arched windows to first floor, and continuous cast
iron balcony. Other windows square headed, with architraves; plate glass. Some
polychrome decoration in pink sandstone, granite and mastic inlay. Rich
cornice. Pedimented dormers. Tall elaborate slab chimneys. Area balustrade.
Returns to right and left, the former with mews arch. Interiors not inspected.
Listing NGR: TQ2848279586
Other nearby listed buildings