This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.6782 / 53°40'41"N
Longitude: -0.3782 / 0°22'41"W
OS Eastings: 507221
OS Northings: 421419
OS Grid: TA072214
Mapcode National: GBR TTSX.X5
Mapcode Global: WHGFY.5T51
Entry Name: Sundial Approximately 7 Metres South of South Aisle of Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 17 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1214588
English Heritage Legacy ID: 165804
Location: Barrow upon Humber, North Lincolnshire, DN19
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Barrow upon Humber
Built-Up Area: Barrow upon Humber
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Barrow-upon-Humber Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TA 0621-0721 BARROW UPON HUMBER CHURCHSIDE
14/6 Sundial approximately 7
metres south of south
aisle of Church of the
Sundial. 1731 by James Harrison, perhaps re-using parts of medieval
churchyard cross. Limestone ashlar. Square on plan. Stepped 2-course
base, chamfered tapered shaft with moulded capital, bronze dial and gnomon.
James Harrison and his brother John were clockmakers at Barrow in the early
C18, John later achieving fame with his prize-winning chronometer.
Listing NGR: TA0722121419
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings