This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.401 / 51°24'3"N
Longitude: -1.3241 / 1°19'26"W
OS Eastings: 447117
OS Northings: 167101
OS Grid: SU471671
Mapcode National: GBR 81Z.22S
Mapcode Global: VHCZK.01CT
Entry Name: 150 and 151, Bartholomew Street
Listing Date: 20 September 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1220006
English Heritage Legacy ID: 393767
Location: Newbury, West Berkshire, RG14
County: West Berkshire
Civil Parish: Newbury
Built-Up Area: Newbury
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Newbury St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. BARTHOLOMEW STREET
Nos 150 and 151
SU 4767 SW 6/44 20.9.50
Late C18 house, now in 2 occupations. The Arcade entrance was filled in above
the 1st floor during the late C19 (after 1849) and the roof extended to take in
this addition. Three storeys. Symmetrical 3 window front. Hipped brown tile roof.
Large brick stacks. Multi-coloured stock brick with rusticated block quoins.
Brick dentil eaves cornice. Gauged brick arches to recessed sash windows with
glazing bars. Outer 1st floor bays with splayed bay sash windows with dentil
cornices and glazing bars. Modern shop fronts. Entrance to the Arcade is below
No 150. Stuccoed rear facade.
Listing NGR: SU4711867103
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings