This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7946 / 53°47'40"N
Longitude: -1.7468 / 1°44'48"W
OS Eastings: 416778
OS Northings: 433170
OS Grid: SE167331
Mapcode National: GBR JLK.F9
Mapcode Global: WHC99.4WGC
Entry Name: 66, Vicar Lane Bd1
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1220800
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337281
Location: Bradford, BD1
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
VICAR LANE BD1
SE 1633 SE 37/1152
Part of a block of wool warehouses built in 1866 to the designs of Eli Milnes.
Corner site With Burnett Street. Four-storey tall palazzo elevations of dressed
sandstone "brick"'with ashlar dressings, rising from weighty battered basements.
Splayed inset corner. The Burnett Street front ascends hill on slight curve.
The basement windows are deeply recessed. Prominent ground floor sill course,
bracketed cornice over, moulded sill course to second floor and plain one to
third floor. Machicolated frieze and bracketed projecting eaves cornice. The
ground floor windows are recessed for one order under cambered arches, rosettes
carved over lintels. Large waggonway with chamfered surround recessed for one
order under segmental arch. Massive iron gates, studded bottom panels, and vast
cartwheel openwork design above. First floor segmental arched windows to both
fronts recessed for one chamfered order. The corner window has flat eared
surround and segmental cornice over. Plain close set windows to upper floors.
Shallow corner porch of slender Renaissance Corinthian columns supporting arch
with panelled soffit, carved spandrels console bracketed cornice. Double panelled
doors with fanlight.
Listing NGR: SE1677833170
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings