History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Number 4 (Waters Edge) and Wall and Outbuilding to South East

A Grade II Listed Building in Sibson-cum-Stibbington, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5785 / 52°34'42"N

Longitude: -0.4149 / 0°24'53"W

OS Eastings: 507505

OS Northings: 299034

OS Grid: TL075990

Mapcode National: GBR FWT.9X5

Mapcode Global: WHGMB.LGM3

Entry Name: Number 4 (Waters Edge) and Wall and Outbuilding to South East

Listing Date: 16 November 1988

Last Amended: 20 March 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1222418

English Heritage Legacy ID: 414529

Location: Sibson-cum-Stibbington, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE8

County: Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Sibson-cum-Stibbington

Traditional County: Huntingdonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Thornhaugh and Wansford

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Wansford

Listing Text

In the entry for

SIBSON-CUM-STIBBINGTON WANSFORD
London Road
9/140 (west side)

No 4 (Waterside) and wall
and outbuilding to south-
east
GV

The address shall be amended to read:

TL 0699 SIBSON-CUM-STIBBINGTON WANSFORD
London Road
9/140 (west side)
No 4 (Waters edge) and
wall and outbuilding to
GV south-east

------------------------------------

SIBSON-CUM-STIBBINGTON WANSFORD
TL 0699
LONDON ROAD
(West Side)
9/140 No. 4 (Waterside)
and wall and
outbuilding to
south-east.
GV II
Cottage, attached wall and outbuilding. Late C17 or early C18 with C19 and
C20 alterations and addition. Coursed limestone rubble and freestone
dressings; Collyweston stone slated roofs with parapet gables and brick end
stack to west partly rebuilt. South elevation: C20 south extension to right
hand with pent roof and entrance in angle. Two casement windows at each floor
level to left hand. Boundary wall to east; small wash house to south with
red pantiled roof and brick stack, boarded doors and window in north
elevation. Interior: Chamfered ceiling beams. Associated with riverside
wharves and used as granary in 1759, later converted to a house.

Bedford Estate Maps. 1780, 1818, 1828. Bedford R.O.
Gilbert, J.L. Stibbington Church and Parish


Listing NGR: TL0750599034

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.