History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Templar House

A Grade II Listed Building in Sibson-cum-Stibbington, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5786 / 52°34'42"N

Longitude: -0.4145 / 0°24'52"W

OS Eastings: 507532

OS Northings: 299043

OS Grid: TL075990

Mapcode National: GBR FWT.B0Q

Mapcode Global: WHGMB.LGT1

Entry Name: Templar House

Listing Date: 16 November 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1222419

English Heritage Legacy ID: 414531

Location: Sibson-cum-Stibbington, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE8

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

Civil Parish: Sibson-cum-Stibbington

Traditional County: Huntingdonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Thornhaugh and Wansford

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Wansford

Listing Text

In the entry for:-

SIBSON-CUM-STIBBINGTON WANSFORD
LONDON ROAD
(west side)
Nos. 10 and 12
9/142 (Templar House)

Fourth sentence of the description shall be amended to read:- "Collyweston slated
roofs."

Seventh sentence of the description shall be amended to read:- "Ashlar blocking to
left hand ground floor bay with inserted C20 shop window, two ground floor sixteen
paned hung sash windows to right hand and five smaller first floor windows."

------------------------------------

SIBSON-CUM-STIBBINGTON WANSFORD
TL 0699
LONDON ROAD
(West, Side)
9/142 Nos. 10 and 12
(Templar House)
GV II

Two houses, formerly a house and shop. Late C18 or early C19 with later
alterations. Ashlar limestone walls and dressings and coursed limestone
rubble, C19 brick. Welsh slated roofs. Three ashlar stacks with single
shafts and moulded cornices. Two storeys with cellar and rear ranges.
Openings to doorways and windows with flush keystones to flat arches. Two
entrances with recessed six-panelled door to left hand and replacement door to
right hand both with round headed fanlights and patterned cast iron glazing
bars. Ashlar blocking to left hand ground floor bay with inserted
sixteen-paned hung sash window, two similar ground floor windows to right hand
and five smaller first floor windows. Cast iron boot scraper to right hand
door. Formerly a grocer's shop, closed in 1850 and purchased by L.C. Gilbert
builder and contractor who removed C18 shop fittings to his workshop adjoining
No. 2 London Road.

Gilbert, J.L. Stibbington Church and Parish 1978
Inclosure award 1810
Bedford Estate Maps 1780, 1818, 1838. Bedford R.O.


Listing NGR: TL0753299043

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.

Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.