This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4052 / 51°24'18"N
Longitude: 0.1894 / 0°11'21"E
OS Eastings: 552376
OS Northings: 169630
OS Grid: TQ523696
Mapcode National: GBR SX.BD8
Mapcode Global: VHHP0.7YG4
Plus Code: 9F32C54Q+3P
Entry Name: Highlands Farmhouse
Listing Date: 22 October 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1222959
English Heritage Legacy ID: 416874
Location: Swanley, Sevenoaks, Kent, BR8
Civil Parish: Swanley
Built-Up Area: Swanley
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Swanley St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
SWANLEY HIGHLANDS HILL
TQ 5269 8/218
L-shaped building. C17 or earlier timber-framed building refaced in early
C19. Two storeys stuccoed. Tiled roof. Weatherboarded extension to rear.
Irregular fenestration. Some casements, some sashes with glazing bars intact.
Simple doorcase. Some exposed beams to interior. This was the site of one
of the 2 original Saxon settlements in Swanley. It was a minor manor in Norman
times when the land belonged to Ghent Abbey. It is thought that King Stephen
granted it to his supporters William of Ypres who gave the land to Ghent Abbey
and it was held by them between 1135 and 1203.
Listing NGR: TQ5237669630
Other nearby listed buildings