History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable About 25 Yards South East of Lower House Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Michaelchurch Escley, County of Herefordshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0205 / 52°1'13"N

Longitude: -3.0094 / 3°0'33"W

OS Eastings: 330831

OS Northings: 236263

OS Grid: SO308362

Mapcode National: GBR F6.GS5Q

Mapcode Global: VH787.SGFZ

Entry Name: Stable About 25 Yards South East of Lower House Farmhouse

Listing Date: 12 November 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1223655

English Heritage Legacy ID: 419358

Location: Michaelchurch Escley, County of Herefordshire, HR2

County: County of Herefordshire

Civil Parish: Michaelchurch Escley

Traditional County: Herefordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire

Church of England Parish: Michaelchurch Escley

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Michaelchurch Escley

Listing Text

SO 33 NW MICHAELCHURCH ESCLEY CP -

Stable about 25 yards south-
2/36 east of Lower House
_ Farmhouse

GV II

Stable. Dated 1679. Fine coursed rubble, stone slate roof. One storey
and attic, 3 bays. Window with 3 diamond section mullions to right, 2 ledged
doors, the left one narrower, under common oak lintol to left of centre,
open-framed gabled-dormer for pitching door above the doors with "1679"
incised on its tie-beam; 2 superimposed slit-ventilators to right hand gable;
corrugated iron lean-to against right hand gable end (not included). The
building may be by the same hand as the barn and cowhouse at Great Cefyn
Farmhouse (qv) which is dated 2 years earlier.


Listing NGR: SO3083136263

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

SO 33 NW MICHAELCHURCH ESCLEY CP -

Stable about 25 yards south-
2/36 east of Lower House
_ Farmhouse

GV II

Stable. Dated 1679. Fine coursed rubble, stone slate roof. One storey
and attic, 3 bays. Window with 3 diamond section mullions to right, 2 ledged
doors, the left one narrower, under common oak lintol to left of centre,
open-framed gabled-dormer for pitching door above the doors with "1679"
incised on its tie-beam; 2 superimposed slit-ventilators to right hand gable;
corrugated iron lean-to against right hand gable end (not included). The
building may be by the same hand as the barn and cowhouse at Great Cefyn
Farmhouse (qv) which is dated 2 years earlier.


Listing NGR: SO3083136263

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.