History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Holt Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Michaelchurch Escley, County of Herefordshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0156 / 52°0'56"N

Longitude: -3.0156 / 3°0'56"W

OS Eastings: 330395

OS Northings: 235726

OS Grid: SO303357

Mapcode National: GBR F5.H4MN

Mapcode Global: VH787.PL3Q

Entry Name: Holt Farmhouse

Listing Date: 12 November 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1223604

English Heritage Legacy ID: 419353

Location: Michaelchurch Escley, County of Herefordshire, HR2

County: County of Herefordshire

Civil Parish: Michaelchurch Escley

Traditional County: Herefordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire

Church of England Parish: Michaelchurch Escley

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Michaelchurch Escley

Listing Text

SO 33 NW MICHAELCHURCH ESCLEY CP -

2/31 Holt Farmhouse

-

GV II

Farmhouse. C17, altered circa 1805 (datestone). Local thin coursed rubble,
concrete tiled roof, brick end stack to right and stone stack at junction
with added cow sheds to left. Aligned north-east/south-west, through-passage
plan with newel stairs against each end stack, further 2 bay cow sheds at south-
west end. Two storeys, probably originally one storey and attic, 3 windows:
1 + 2 windows, C20 3-light casements, central ledged door, cow shed wing has
2 entrances, lintol of right hand one is oak-framed. Datestone between first
floor windows. North elevation has 3 hooded windows, 2 with diamond section
mullions, the 2 right hand ones light the staircase. Lean-to extension on
west side at south-west end.


Listing NGR: SO3039535726

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

SO 33 NW MICHAELCHURCH ESCLEY CP -

2/31 Holt Farmhouse

-

GV II

Farmhouse. C17, altered circa 1805 (datestone). Local thin coursed rubble,
concrete tiled roof, brick end stack to right and stone stack at junction
with added cow sheds to left. Aligned north-east/south-west, through-passage
plan with newel stairs against each end stack, further 2 bay cow sheds at south-
west end. Two storeys, probably originally one storey and attic, 3 windows:
1 + 2 windows, C20 3-light casements, central ledged door, cow shed wing has
2 entrances, lintol of right hand one is oak-framed. Datestone between first
floor windows. North elevation has 3 hooded windows, 2 with diamond section
mullions, the 2 right hand ones light the staircase. Lean-to extension on
west side at south-west end.


Listing NGR: SO3039535726

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.