History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Rockley House and Attached Outbuildings

A Grade II Listed Building in West Drayton, Nottinghamshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2654 / 53°15'55"N

Longitude: -0.9308 / 0°55'50"W

OS Eastings: 471414

OS Northings: 374800

OS Grid: SK714748

Mapcode National: GBR PZYP.95

Mapcode Global: WHFGN.N6Z0

Entry Name: Rockley House and Attached Outbuildings

Listing Date: 1 February 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1224358

English Heritage Legacy ID: 420417

Location: West Drayton, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, DN22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Bassetlaw

Civil Parish: West Drayton

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Askham

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
East Retford

Listing Text

SK 77 SW WEST DRAYTON MILL LANE
(north side)
Rockley

5/88 Rockley House and
attached out-
1.2.67 buildings

G.V. II

House and attached outbuildings including coach house. Dated
1826, late C19. Red brick. Early C19 house with hipped slate
roof. Single red brick stacks to left and right. Raised eaves
band. Set on a plinth. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Central doorway with
6 panel door and traceried overlight. Porch with concave hipped
half conical lead roof and moulded cornice. Single elliptical
arches to front and sides supported on clustered shaft columns
and dosserets decorated with roundels. The arches have fluted
keyblocks and trellis spandrels decorated with trefoils. The
front arch decorated with festoons. To the left is a single
canted bay with similar roof to porch. Modillion cornice
supported on brackets, 3 glazing bar sashes. To the right of the
doorway is a single glazing bar sash with moulded frame and
keystone. Above are 3 similar sashes, frames and keystones.
Over the doorway is a Guardian Insurance plaque. To the right,
set back, is a late C19 red brick wing with hipped slate roof and
single red brick stack to the right. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Single
small fixed light, to the right are 2 glazing bar sashes with 2
similar sashes above, all with keystones. Extending from the
rear are 2 lower 2 sotrey red brick wings with hipped slate roof
leading to single storey wings. Connecting these 2 wings and
forming a quadrangular paved courtyard is a coach house. Red
brick. Pantile roofs, central bay being gabled and outer bays
hipped. Dentil eaves with an open pediment in the gable created
by dentil bands. 2 storey plus attic slightly projecting single
central bay, flanked by single storey single bays. Central
doorway with double plank door and iron hinges. Either side are
doorways with similar single doors. All under elliptical arches
with keystones. Above is a single glazing bar sash under
segmental arch with keystone. In the pediment is a single
recessed round panel dated 1826.


Listing NGR: SK7141474800

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.