History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farm Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Oldcotes, Nottinghamshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3909 / 53°23'27"N

Longitude: -1.1101 / 1°6'36"W

OS Eastings: 459278

OS Northings: 388602

OS Grid: SK592886

Mapcode National: GBR NYP7.G5

Mapcode Global: WHDDV.X1K8

Entry Name: Manor Farm Farmhouse

Listing Date: 12 April 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1224491

English Heritage Legacy ID: 420560

Location: Styrrup with Oldcotes, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S81

County: Nottinghamshire

Civil Parish: Styrrup with Oldcotes

Built-Up Area: Oldcotes

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Langold with Oldcotes

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Blyth

Listing Text

SK 58 NE STYRRUP WITH OLDCOTES BLYTH ROAD
Oldcotes
(North side)

2/158 Manor Farm
Farmhouse

G.V. II

Farmhouse. Rainwater heads dated 1855. Red brick with some blue
brick and ashlar dressings and quoins. Slate roof, decorated
ridge. Stone coped gables. 2 projecting brick and ashlar gable
stacks with some blue brick diaper to the sides. Set on a red
brick plinth with chamfered stone course over. 2 storeys, 5
bays. The left 2 bays being under a single gable. First floor
ashlar band, which is lower in the gabled bays. Central gabled
porch. Set on a plinth with ashlar quoins, stone coping and
kneelers. Having an arched and traceried light with flush ashlar
quoin jambs, blue and red brick arch and ashlar keystone. The
side walls each have an arched doorway with double wooden door.
The interior doorway has a part glazed door with arched
overlight. Each side are 2 ashlar cross transomand mullion
sashes. Between the 2 left casements is a single brick and
ashlar pier. Above is a central 2-light sash, flanked by single
3-light sashes. All with ashlar mullions. All windows have
flush ashlar quoin surrounds and a blue and red brick relieving
arch. In the gable apex is a narrow rectangular fixed light.
To the left, set back, is a 2 storey, 3 bay, wing with single red
brick stack to the rear, stone coped left gable and raised eaves
and first floor bands. Doorway with glazed door, to the left a
single casement, to the right a single, narrow, rectangular fixed
light. Above, 2 three light sashes with stone mullions and, to
the right, a single narrow sash. All openings have flush ashlar
quoin surrounds, except that on the ground floor right, which has
an ashlar lintel only. To the rear are further 2 storey wings.


Listing NGR: SK5927888602

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.