History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Range of Farm Buildings at Manor Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Oldcotes, Nottinghamshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.391 / 53°23'27"N

Longitude: -1.1098 / 1°6'35"W

OS Eastings: 459301

OS Northings: 388612

OS Grid: SK593886

Mapcode National: GBR NYP7.J4

Mapcode Global: WHDDV.X1Q6

Entry Name: Range of Farm Buildings at Manor Farm

Listing Date: 12 April 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1266770

English Heritage Legacy ID: 420573

Location: Styrrup with Oldcotes, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S81

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Bassetlaw

Civil Parish: Styrrup with Oldcotes

Built-Up Area: Oldcotes

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Langold with Oldcotes

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Blyth

Listing Text

SK 58 NE STYRRUP WITH OLDCOTES STYRRUP R0AD
Oldcotes
(West side)
2/171
Range of Farm
Buildings at
Manor Farm

G.V. II

Outbuildings and barn. c.1855. Red brick with ashlar
dressings. Slate roofs with stone coped gables. 2 storey, 11
bay farm building. Having from left to right, 3 doorways with
stable doors and ashlar lintels and hinge blocks, a single wooden
cross transom and mullion casement with flush ashlar qoin
surround, a single similar doorway, 3 similar casements, a single
similar doorway, a single similar casement and a single similar
doorway. Above are 6 similar casements. There are 11 tie
plates. Projecting from the right is a 2 storey barn with
blocked and altered openings. Projecting from the right of this
is a further, single storey, 15 bay, outbuilding with central 3
storey pigeoncote. Having from left to right a single blocked
doorway with ashlar lintel and hinge blocks, a single wooden
cross transom and mullion casement with flush ashlar quoin
surround, a single similar doorway with wooden door, 2 similar
casements and 5 similar doorways alternating with 5 similar
casements. The pigeoncote has a single similar casement on the
first floor. Above is a raised band, a band of blind panelling
and an eaves band, each extending around all 4 sides. The hipped
roof with shaped slates is topped by a large glover, with band of
wooden blind arcading with pigeon openings and steeply pitched,
hipped, roof, with shaped slates and surmounted by an iron ridge
and weather vane. The road/east side of this wing is set on a
plinth and has a stone coped left gable. The right, single bay,
is gabled and coped. In the pigeoncote is a single, pointed
arched opening with wooden arched shutter. In the gabled bay is a
single wooden cross transom and mullion casement. In the left 2
bays are similar single casements. Above is a single, similar
casement. All openings have flush ashlar quoin surrounds.


Listing NGR: SK5930188612

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.